Friday, February 26, 2016

I'm Off To Arizona and Dodgers Spring Training!

Spring Training 2016!


Spring training signals a fresh start: Young prospects strutting their stuff, sweating it out, trying to make the big club; old vets shaking off the rust from a long winter; rookies enduring camp pranks; a group of guys from all different cultural backgrounds, working to form a family to achieve the goal of winning a World Championship.

This weekend, for the first time in my life, I will get a chance to witness Dodger Spring Training in person. I have always wanted to visit Dodgertown, but the trek from California to Vero Beach, Florida, was just too far, so you can bet I was excited when the club moved its spring training to nearby Camelback Ranch in Glendale, Arizona.

I purposely chose the early part of spring training for my visit. There won't be any game action at this point, but the chance to see how the players prepare themselves for the long season ahead, and the kind of access fans are allowed to the players and coaches is the draw for me. I am curious to watch the team build its chemistry in the early-going; to investigate the progress of players coming back from injury, such as pitcher Hyun-jin Ryu, third-baseman Justin Turner, and catcher Yasmani Grandal, etc.; to evaluate the up-and-coming young talent who could make the club later this season or next. This insider's look is really a baseball junkie's dream, and I am ready.


Dodgertown, here I come!
So get ready for my "Postcards From Spring Training" updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment